Tuesday

Prices and Information

B&W development

$4 for single roll. Send two identical rolls, $3 each.

Prices are for any film (except Fomapan), any film speed, pushing is free; please indicate. No sleeves included, as it will increase the cost (and the price of this service).

I can do both 120 and 35mm film. Timing depends on your exposure of film and the film itself. I have other chemicals too which can be used at your request (i.e. Perceptol, T-Max Developer, Rodinal), additional charges may apply depending on developer used.

For expedited service (turnaround time 1-2 days), there will be an additional charge of 50%.

Scanning (B&W, colour, slide, 5x4, etc.)


2400dpi scanning
$3.00 - 3350×2250 for 35mm, 5800×5000 for 6×7 medium format (approx.)
Price for the whole roll.

4800dpi scanning
$5.00 - 6800×4500 pixels for 35mm, 12 600×10 400 for 6×7 medium format (approx.)
Price for the whole roll.

Photo CD, if necessary
$1; free if deemed necessary for large scale jobs (2 rolls or more at 4800dpi).

----------------------------------

How does the film get to me and back to you?

There are a few ways where you can send the film to me, and back to you.

Sending the film

The most preferred way would be that you send me the film through mail, or come directly to our place at Jurong West (Jaime), Serangoon/Kovan (Yuen) area.

Otherwise, it would be possible that we meet at a mutually accepted location. Most likely, on weekdays, at Boon Lay, AMK, Kovan, Serangoon stations and only Boon Lay (Jaime) or Kovan/Serangoon (Yuen) MRT station on weekends . I sometimes go to City Hall on weekends, but this is quite irregular.

Collection
I most likely will mail it back to you, unless you have special requests. You can also collect it at my place.

If you have sent me a single roll or two, I most likely can send the pictures to you through the net before I send out the physical stuff. Preferably through MSN Messenger, as email can be a bit limiting at 10mb per mail.

----------------------------------
How long does this process take?

Generally, for small scale jobs (1-2 rolls), it will take five days maximum. Please don't send it to me on Mondays though, as I might need the weekend. Also, if you need it in a hurry, 1-2 days, please do indicate. Expedited service might not be available at all times, and will cost 50% more than normal charges.

If I am facing a 'peak season' or having other work related concerns, I will inform you, and it might take a bit longer.

What happens to your pictures after I send them?
Usually, if the sending was successful, I usually delete them. I only keep them for this interim period to ensure that if anything goes wrong, I can resend them again to you.

Disclaimer: While all efforts to ensure mishaps do not happen, in any event that a mishap does happen, I shall claim no responsibility. This is due to the nature of film photography, whereby there are too many variables that need to be accounted for before any accountability can occur. I ask for your understanding.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
May I know for 3200dpi scanning, what do you mean by
"4500x3000 for 35mm"? Is it 4500x3000 pixels equivalent of a digital camera, and how big (in file size) roughly a scanned photo will be? Is the price of $4 for a roll of 35mm negatives? Sorry I am new in this.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Yes, in pixels. Sorry I didn't indicate. Shall correct that!

File size really varies, there's no exact, or even ballpark value. It depends on your picture. Suffice to say, colour scans are larger than B&W scans.

Yes, it is $4 for 35mm at 3200dpi.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

For the 3200dpi scanning for medium format film, specifically 645 format.
The scanner has digital ICE function right?
Cause it's PITA to pp away scratches cause by film developing/handling.

So you can scan any kind of 120 films?
Slides/negatives/b&w?

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but Digital ICE doesn't work on silver halide films (traditional B&W).

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great, will give you services a try soon.

David Chua said...

Hi there, any discount if I send in 5 and more rolls for scanning (bnw, slides and colour negs)

Anonymous said...

Hi, are the above prices apply to 35mm slides as well?

Anonymous said...

Hi David! I believe that the prices are already very reasonable, so the room for negotiation is quite small. Maybe you can contact me privately and hopefully can work something out?

Anonymous, yup! Prices applies to slides as well...

Anonymous said...

Do you do 3R/4R photo scanning?

Anonymous said...

Hi I have 35mm slides to digitize. are you still operating this svc? please email me at lim.yuewen@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you develop in color? Only got to see b&w samples. If so, do post sample pics of photos developed in color!

If i wanna to develop and scan, how much will the cost be?

Anonymous said...

Great to drop by this site ! I will soon send my 9 rolls for you guys to develop ya. Colour films accepted ?
Jerrold, 98182025 pls SMS

Giuliano said...

Hi Xeng, I am rISO3D from Italy.. do you remember me? I have seen this blog and I would like to ask you some business information about Singapore, please :) meet you on linkedin if u can